Another fire breaks out at Kumbh
Allahabad: Yet another fire broke out at the Kumbh Mela area here on Saturday afternoon, injuring two sadhus, an official said.
The fire broke out in Sector 9 of the Kumbh Mela area, injuring two sadhus who were cooking food, though it was brought under control quickly, Sector Magistrate Vidya Shankar Singh said.
A leaking gas cylinder appears to have caused the incident, Singh said.
The injured ascetics have been admitted to one of the various make-shift hospitals set up in the Kumbh area and they may be referred to a hospital in the city if required, the Sector Magistrate said.
The ongoing Maha Kumbh congregation, which had commenced on January 14, has so far witnessed a number of fire-related incidents which have claimed a total of eight lives besides leaving a score of people injured.
A fire broke out in Sector 4 of the Kumbh Mela area yesterday morning which left a sadhu dead and two others injured.
All the incidents have been blamed either on leakage in gas cylinders or short circuits.
Meanwhile, two persons were injured when a make-shift Ayurvedic dispensary collapsed in Sector 6 of the Kumbh Mela area this morning.
The Mela administration said the dispensary, which was erected by piecing together tent cloth and metal sheets, caved on account of the rainfall that has been lashing the city since last night.
The injured include an Ayurvedic physician and a paramedical staff and their condition was stated to be out of danger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand
- When Smriti Irani was denied cabin crew job for 'lack of good personality' - Know Details
- Health Ministry to start awareness campaign on dengue, chikungunya