Allahabad: Yet another fire broke out at the Kumbh Mela area here on Saturday afternoon, injuring two sadhus, an official said.
The fire broke out in Sector 9 of the Kumbh Mela area, injuring two sadhus who were cooking food, though it was brought under control quickly, Sector Magistrate Vidya Shankar Singh said.
A leaking gas cylinder appears to have caused the incident, Singh said.
The injured ascetics have been admitted to one of the various make-shift hospitals set up in the Kumbh area and they may be referred to a hospital in the city if required, the Sector Magistrate said.
The ongoing Maha Kumbh congregation, which had commenced on January 14, has so far witnessed a number of fire-related incidents which have claimed a total of eight lives besides leaving a score of people injured.
A fire broke out in Sector 4 of the Kumbh Mela area yesterday morning which left a sadhu dead and two others injured.
All the incidents have been blamed either on leakage in gas cylinders or short circuits.
Meanwhile, two persons were injured when a make-shift Ayurvedic dispensary collapsed in Sector 6 of the Kumbh Mela area this morning.
The Mela administration said the dispensary, which was erected by piecing together tent cloth and metal sheets, caved on account of the rainfall that has been lashing the city since last night.
The injured include an Ayurvedic physician and a paramedical staff and their condition was stated to be out of danger.