Army officer commits suicide in Bareilly
Bareilly: An Army captain allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself in his room in Cantonment area in Bareilly, a senior police officer said on Thursday.
Captain Varun Vats, 28, posted with Corps of Electrical & Mechanical Engineers (EME), hanged himself in the room, Additional Superintendent of Police Triveni Singh said.
Family members told police that Varun had an argument with his wife Rupali on Wednesday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official