Beni hails PM as a `capable` leader, rules out return to SP
Barabanki: Union minister Beni Prasad Verma on Saturday defended Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as a "capable leader" and termed the protest in Delhi against him as the work of people who have "lost their mental balance".
"There is no dearth of mad people in the country who stage such protests. Manmohan Singh is a capable leader and in him the Congress has given a good prime minister to the country," Verma told reporters here in his home district.
To a question whether there was a possibility of his return to Samajwadi Party following his recent statements indicating a change of heart on his part, Beni Verma asked "why would I go to the Samajwadi Party".
"Mulayam Sing is a good friend of mine and we also have old family ties. But why would I go to SP. I am not going to SP," he asserted.
According to a local media report, Verma had termed SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav as his elder brother in an interview to an electronic channel yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry