Beni hails PM as a `capable` leader, rules out return to SP
Barabanki: Union minister Beni Prasad Verma on Saturday defended Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as a "capable leader" and termed the protest in Delhi against him as the work of people who have "lost their mental balance".
"There is no dearth of mad people in the country who stage such protests. Manmohan Singh is a capable leader and in him the Congress has given a good prime minister to the country," Verma told reporters here in his home district.
To a question whether there was a possibility of his return to Samajwadi Party following his recent statements indicating a change of heart on his part, Beni Verma asked "why would I go to the Samajwadi Party".
"Mulayam Sing is a good friend of mine and we also have old family ties. But why would I go to SP. I am not going to SP," he asserted.
According to a local media report, Verma had termed SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav as his elder brother in an interview to an electronic channel yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested