BJP leader prevented from visiting Tanda
Sultanpur (UP): BJP leader Pankaj Singh was on Saturday prevented from going to trouble-torn Tanda town of Ambedkarnagar district here.
Singh, son of BJP President Rajnath Singh, was stopped at Amhat crossing in the district while he was on his way to Tanda, police said.
He was brought to Dhammaur police station and later sent back to Lucknow, police said.
Singh is general secretary of BJP`s Uttar Pradesh unit.
Widespread clashes were witnessed in the handloom town of Tanda in Ambedkar Nagar district after Hindu Yuva Vahini district president was murdered on Sunday.
Meanwhile, party sources claimed that Singh was taken into custody and made to stay at the police station for three hours.
The party workers also sat on dharna at the police station in protest.
Later, Singh, while addressing workers alleged that state government was adopting double standards by lodging FIR against Raja Bhaiya on the complaint of slain police officer`s wife but on the other hand turning a deaf ear to the complaint of murder of the Hindu Yuva Vahini leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'