BJP leader prevented from visiting Tanda
Sultanpur (UP): BJP leader Pankaj Singh was on Saturday prevented from going to trouble-torn Tanda town of Ambedkarnagar district here.
Singh, son of BJP President Rajnath Singh, was stopped at Amhat crossing in the district while he was on his way to Tanda, police said.
He was brought to Dhammaur police station and later sent back to Lucknow, police said.
Singh is general secretary of BJP`s Uttar Pradesh unit.
Widespread clashes were witnessed in the handloom town of Tanda in Ambedkar Nagar district after Hindu Yuva Vahini district president was murdered on Sunday.
Meanwhile, party sources claimed that Singh was taken into custody and made to stay at the police station for three hours.
The party workers also sat on dharna at the police station in protest.
Later, Singh, while addressing workers alleged that state government was adopting double standards by lodging FIR against Raja Bhaiya on the complaint of slain police officer`s wife but on the other hand turning a deaf ear to the complaint of murder of the Hindu Yuva Vahini leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone