BJP leader prevented from visiting Tanda
Sultanpur (UP): BJP leader Pankaj Singh was on Saturday prevented from going to trouble-torn Tanda town of Ambedkarnagar district here.
Singh, son of BJP President Rajnath Singh, was stopped at Amhat crossing in the district while he was on his way to Tanda, police said.
He was brought to Dhammaur police station and later sent back to Lucknow, police said.
Singh is general secretary of BJP`s Uttar Pradesh unit.
Widespread clashes were witnessed in the handloom town of Tanda in Ambedkar Nagar district after Hindu Yuva Vahini district president was murdered on Sunday.
Meanwhile, party sources claimed that Singh was taken into custody and made to stay at the police station for three hours.
The party workers also sat on dharna at the police station in protest.
Later, Singh, while addressing workers alleged that state government was adopting double standards by lodging FIR against Raja Bhaiya on the complaint of slain police officer`s wife but on the other hand turning a deaf ear to the complaint of murder of the Hindu Yuva Vahini leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened