BJP leader prevented from visiting Tanda
Sultanpur (UP): BJP leader Pankaj Singh was on Saturday prevented from going to trouble-torn Tanda town of Ambedkarnagar district here.
Singh, son of BJP President Rajnath Singh, was stopped at Amhat crossing in the district while he was on his way to Tanda, police said.
He was brought to Dhammaur police station and later sent back to Lucknow, police said.
Singh is general secretary of BJP`s Uttar Pradesh unit.
Widespread clashes were witnessed in the handloom town of Tanda in Ambedkar Nagar district after Hindu Yuva Vahini district president was murdered on Sunday.
Meanwhile, party sources claimed that Singh was taken into custody and made to stay at the police station for three hours.
The party workers also sat on dharna at the police station in protest.
Later, Singh, while addressing workers alleged that state government was adopting double standards by lodging FIR against Raja Bhaiya on the complaint of slain police officer`s wife but on the other hand turning a deaf ear to the complaint of murder of the Hindu Yuva Vahini leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!
- Turkey sends more tanks to Syria, warns Kurdish militia