BJP leader prevented from visiting Tanda
Sultanpur (UP): BJP leader Pankaj Singh was on Saturday prevented from going to trouble-torn Tanda town of Ambedkarnagar district here.
Singh, son of BJP President Rajnath Singh, was stopped at Amhat crossing in the district while he was on his way to Tanda, police said.
He was brought to Dhammaur police station and later sent back to Lucknow, police said.
Singh is general secretary of BJP`s Uttar Pradesh unit.
Widespread clashes were witnessed in the handloom town of Tanda in Ambedkar Nagar district after Hindu Yuva Vahini district president was murdered on Sunday.
Meanwhile, party sources claimed that Singh was taken into custody and made to stay at the police station for three hours.
The party workers also sat on dharna at the police station in protest.
Later, Singh, while addressing workers alleged that state government was adopting double standards by lodging FIR against Raja Bhaiya on the complaint of slain police officer`s wife but on the other hand turning a deaf ear to the complaint of murder of the Hindu Yuva Vahini leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick