BJP leader Samarpal Singh killed in road accident
Lucknow: BJP leader and former legislator from Uttar Pradesh Samarpal Singh on Monday died in a road accident in Meerut.
The accident occurred near Chota Hassanpur in Meerut early this morning when his car rammed into a truck, killing 54-year-old Samarpal on the spot, police said.
Samarpal was elected from Lok Dal ticket from Barnawa seat in Meerut in 2002 Assembly elections. He switched over to BJP during the last Assembly elections and contested from Shivalkhas assembly seat but lost.
He was a member of the state executive of the party and had been two time MLA and MLC.
He entered in politics as a student leader from Lucknow University and held the post of Students` union president.
Condoling his death, Uttar Pradesh BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said with his death the party "lost a great leader, who always stood against system in the interest of common man.
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video