BJP leader Samarpal Singh killed in road accident
Lucknow: BJP leader and former legislator from Uttar Pradesh Samarpal Singh on Monday died in a road accident in Meerut.
The accident occurred near Chota Hassanpur in Meerut early this morning when his car rammed into a truck, killing 54-year-old Samarpal on the spot, police said.
Samarpal was elected from Lok Dal ticket from Barnawa seat in Meerut in 2002 Assembly elections. He switched over to BJP during the last Assembly elections and contested from Shivalkhas assembly seat but lost.
He was a member of the state executive of the party and had been two time MLA and MLC.
He entered in politics as a student leader from Lucknow University and held the post of Students` union president.
Condoling his death, Uttar Pradesh BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said with his death the party "lost a great leader, who always stood against system in the interest of common man.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!