BJP leader Samarpal Singh killed in road accident
Lucknow: BJP leader and former legislator from Uttar Pradesh Samarpal Singh on Monday died in a road accident in Meerut.
The accident occurred near Chota Hassanpur in Meerut early this morning when his car rammed into a truck, killing 54-year-old Samarpal on the spot, police said.
Samarpal was elected from Lok Dal ticket from Barnawa seat in Meerut in 2002 Assembly elections. He switched over to BJP during the last Assembly elections and contested from Shivalkhas assembly seat but lost.
He was a member of the state executive of the party and had been two time MLA and MLC.
He entered in politics as a student leader from Lucknow University and held the post of Students` union president.
Condoling his death, Uttar Pradesh BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said with his death the party "lost a great leader, who always stood against system in the interest of common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery