BJP leader Samarpal Singh killed in road accident
Lucknow: BJP leader and former legislator from Uttar Pradesh Samarpal Singh on Monday died in a road accident in Meerut.
The accident occurred near Chota Hassanpur in Meerut early this morning when his car rammed into a truck, killing 54-year-old Samarpal on the spot, police said.
Samarpal was elected from Lok Dal ticket from Barnawa seat in Meerut in 2002 Assembly elections. He switched over to BJP during the last Assembly elections and contested from Shivalkhas assembly seat but lost.
He was a member of the state executive of the party and had been two time MLA and MLC.
He entered in politics as a student leader from Lucknow University and held the post of Students` union president.
Condoling his death, Uttar Pradesh BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said with his death the party "lost a great leader, who always stood against system in the interest of common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users