BJP leaders meet Guv over increasing rape cases in UP
Lucknow: Accusing the Uttar Pradesh government of failing to check increasing cases of sexual assault on women, a BJP delegation on Tuesday met Governor BL Joshi and sought his intervention into the matter.
Led by state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai, the delegation handed over a seven-point memorandum to Joshi and requested his interfere as the protector of Constitution to deal with the crisis, BJP state spokesperson Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
Pathak claimed cases of crime against women have sharply gone up and as many as 337 cases have been reported under the present regime, with Samajwadi Party`s own ministers and MLAs facing allegations of rape, said Pathak.
Suggesting steps towards ensuring speedy justice for rape victims, the party demanded that FIRs should be registered in all complaints and they should be referred to fast-track courts.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- LG Electronics posts 415% increase in Q1 profit
- Apple to open its stores in India as govt panel waves 30% local sourcing condition
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for
- Amazing! Village in China painted with 3D colours to attract tourists; See PICS