BJP leaders meet Guv over increasing rape cases in UP
Lucknow: Accusing the Uttar Pradesh government of failing to check increasing cases of sexual assault on women, a BJP delegation on Tuesday met Governor BL Joshi and sought his intervention into the matter.
Led by state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai, the delegation handed over a seven-point memorandum to Joshi and requested his interfere as the protector of Constitution to deal with the crisis, BJP state spokesperson Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
Pathak claimed cases of crime against women have sharply gone up and as many as 337 cases have been reported under the present regime, with Samajwadi Party`s own ministers and MLAs facing allegations of rape, said Pathak.
Suggesting steps towards ensuring speedy justice for rape victims, the party demanded that FIRs should be registered in all complaints and they should be referred to fast-track courts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users