BJP not against Muslims, but reservation: Swaraj
Banda: Claiming that her party was not
against Muslims, BJP leader Sushma Swaraj Thursday said it was
against reservation to the community as it was an attempt to
divide the country.
"Our party is not against Muslims. We are against the
attempt to divide the country in the name of reservation,"
Swaraj told an election meeting here.
She said BJP also objected to the mentality that opposes
citing of Vande Mataram and cheers for Pakistan during
India-Pakistan cricket match.
Holding Congress responsible for the steep price-rise,
Swaraj said inflation was bound to rise as a Congress minister
committed scam of Rs 1.76 lakh crore.
Taking a dig at Mayawati, the BJP leader alleged that BSP
had nothing to do with the common man as over Rs 600 crore
alone was spent on installing statues of elephants and
"Had this amount been spent on the welfare of people, the
face of the state would have changed," the Leader of the
Opposition in Lok Sabha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened