BJP not against Muslims, but reservation: Swaraj
Banda: Claiming that her party was not
against Muslims, BJP leader Sushma Swaraj Thursday said it was
against reservation to the community as it was an attempt to
divide the country.
"Our party is not against Muslims. We are against the
attempt to divide the country in the name of reservation,"
Swaraj told an election meeting here.
She said BJP also objected to the mentality that opposes
citing of Vande Mataram and cheers for Pakistan during
India-Pakistan cricket match.
Holding Congress responsible for the steep price-rise,
Swaraj said inflation was bound to rise as a Congress minister
committed scam of Rs 1.76 lakh crore.
Taking a dig at Mayawati, the BJP leader alleged that BSP
had nothing to do with the common man as over Rs 600 crore
alone was spent on installing statues of elephants and
"Had this amount been spent on the welfare of people, the
face of the state would have changed," the Leader of the
Opposition in Lok Sabha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof