BKU activists booked for blocking highways
Muzaffarnagar: Hundreds of Bhartiya Kisan Union activists have been booked for blocking the Delhi-Dehradun National Highway and other state highways on December 5.
As many as 38 activists have been named in the cases and around 250 activists have been booked under different sections of IPC, police said.
BKU divisional president Chanderpal Fozi, district president Raju Ahlawat and woman leader Sohanbiri Devi were also booked in the cases.
The blockade was part of a state-wide protest called by the Union in all districts of Uttar Pradesh over sugarcane prices and payment of dues to farmers.
The BKU activists had blocked national highways and state highways at Khatauli, Phalauda, Miranpur, Pinna and Lalukheri on December 5 and disrupted traffic during their three-hour strike, police said.
A Delhi-Kalka train was also stopped for an hour at Mansoorpur railway station by the activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders