BSP activist shot dead in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A 35-year-old BSP activist was allegedly shot dead by three unidentified bike-borne assailants in Shamli district, police said on Sunday.
Vinod Kumar Singhal, a BSP activist and a trader, was shot dead yesterday by the three at his business establishment in Kairana town, SP Dinesh Chand said.
He was rushed to a hospital where he was declared dead, he said, adding, police has registered a case against unidentified miscreants.
Singhal was an activist and Secretary of Kairana Vidhansabha Committees of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP).
Protesting against the incident, the traders in the area shut down their shops yesterday, Chand said.
Efforts to nab the accused are on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez