BSP activist shot dead in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A 35-year-old BSP activist was allegedly shot dead by three unidentified bike-borne assailants in Shamli district, police said on Sunday.
Vinod Kumar Singhal, a BSP activist and a trader, was shot dead yesterday by the three at his business establishment in Kairana town, SP Dinesh Chand said.
He was rushed to a hospital where he was declared dead, he said, adding, police has registered a case against unidentified miscreants.
Singhal was an activist and Secretary of Kairana Vidhansabha Committees of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP).
Protesting against the incident, the traders in the area shut down their shops yesterday, Chand said.
Efforts to nab the accused are on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say