BSP activist shot dead in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A 35-year-old BSP activist was allegedly shot dead by three unidentified bike-borne assailants in Shamli district, police said on Sunday.
Vinod Kumar Singhal, a BSP activist and a trader, was shot dead yesterday by the three at his business establishment in Kairana town, SP Dinesh Chand said.
He was rushed to a hospital where he was declared dead, he said, adding, police has registered a case against unidentified miscreants.
Singhal was an activist and Secretary of Kairana Vidhansabha Committees of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP).
Protesting against the incident, the traders in the area shut down their shops yesterday, Chand said.
Efforts to nab the accused are on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi