BSP activist shot dead in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A 35-year-old BSP activist was allegedly shot dead by three unidentified bike-borne assailants in Shamli district, police said on Sunday.
Vinod Kumar Singhal, a BSP activist and a trader, was shot dead yesterday by the three at his business establishment in Kairana town, SP Dinesh Chand said.
He was rushed to a hospital where he was declared dead, he said, adding, police has registered a case against unidentified miscreants.
Singhal was an activist and Secretary of Kairana Vidhansabha Committees of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP).
Protesting against the incident, the traders in the area shut down their shops yesterday, Chand said.
Efforts to nab the accused are on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption