BSP alleges spurt in crime rate in UP
Lucknow: The Bahujan Samaj Party Friday alleged that there was a spurt in crime in Uttar Pradesh ever since the Samajwadi Party came to power and asked Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to seriously work towards providing justice and security to all.
Citing cases of murders which have been reported from different parts of the state in the recent days, leader of opposition in UP Assembly and senior BSP leader Swami Prasad Maurya said that they indicated as to how the state has become a hunting ground for criminals and mafia elements in the present government.
"In merely 40 to 42 days of the SP government, people have started remembering the good days of BSP`s rule of law", Maurya told reporters here.
The BSP leader advised the chief minister to desist from tall claims and instead seriously work for providing justice and security to all.
To a question, the BSP leader rejected charges of irregularities during the previous government, including the alleged misappropriation in construction of toilets in rural areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security