Case against Cong leader over poll code violation
Sitapur: A case has been registered against a
Congress leader and 75 others for allegedly violating the
model code of conduct in Hargaon area, police said in Sitapur on Monday.
Former MP Ram Lal Rahi, who is also the father-in-law of
Congress candidate Manjari Rahi from Hargaon Assembly seat,
held a public meeting last week in Paragi Lal Girls inter
college in Bheekpur village along with 75 other supporters
without prior permission from the administration, they said.
A vehicle was also seized by the officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand