Case against Cong leader over poll code violation
Sitapur: A case has been registered against a
Congress leader and 75 others for allegedly violating the
model code of conduct in Hargaon area, police said in Sitapur on Monday.
Former MP Ram Lal Rahi, who is also the father-in-law of
Congress candidate Manjari Rahi from Hargaon Assembly seat,
held a public meeting last week in Paragi Lal Girls inter
college in Bheekpur village along with 75 other supporters
without prior permission from the administration, they said.
A vehicle was also seized by the officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days