Case against Cong leader over poll code violation
Sitapur: A case has been registered against a
Congress leader and 75 others for allegedly violating the
model code of conduct in Hargaon area, police said in Sitapur on Monday.
Former MP Ram Lal Rahi, who is also the father-in-law of
Congress candidate Manjari Rahi from Hargaon Assembly seat,
held a public meeting last week in Paragi Lal Girls inter
college in Bheekpur village along with 75 other supporters
without prior permission from the administration, they said.
A vehicle was also seized by the officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand