CBI files charge sheet in murder case of Nanhe Yadav
New Delhi: CBI on Friday charge sheet against five people in connection with the murder of village head Nanhe Yadav in Uttar Pradesh`s Pratapgarh district in March.
Those named in the charge sheet are Ajay Pal, Vijay Pal and Rakesh Pal, who had land dispute with Nanhe Yadav, Sanjay Pratap Singh alias Guddu Singh and his brother Rajiv Pratap Singh alias Raju Singh.
Sanjay Pratap Singh was the driver of former Uttar Pradesh minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya. The politician was also questioned by the CBI for allegedly providing shelter to his driver.
On March 2 evening, Nanhe Yadav was shot dead at Balipur village near his house and his death sparked a chain of events which led to the killing of his younger brother Suresh Yadav and DSP Zia-ul Haq.
The case was investigated by local police which arrested Guddu Singh and Rajiv Pratap Singh on March 4. Later, on March 8, the CBI took over the investigation after the Uttar Pradesh government recommended for it.
This is one of the four cases being registered by the CBI to probe the murders of Yadav, Haq and the violence in the area.
Praveen Azad, wife of the slain DSP, had named Raja Bhaiya`s drivers Guddu Singh and Rohit Singh, Kunda zila panchayat chairman Gulshan Yadav and Raja Bhaiya`s local representative Hariom Srivastava for beating and killing her husband.
However, the allegations could not be verified during investigation and the CBI arrested the pradhan`s son and his brothers Phoolchand and Pawan and an associate, Manjit Yadav, for killing Haq.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees