CBI files charge sheet in murder case of Nanhe Yadav
New Delhi: CBI on Friday charge sheet against five people in connection with the murder of village head Nanhe Yadav in Uttar Pradesh`s Pratapgarh district in March.
Those named in the charge sheet are Ajay Pal, Vijay Pal and Rakesh Pal, who had land dispute with Nanhe Yadav, Sanjay Pratap Singh alias Guddu Singh and his brother Rajiv Pratap Singh alias Raju Singh.
Sanjay Pratap Singh was the driver of former Uttar Pradesh minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya. The politician was also questioned by the CBI for allegedly providing shelter to his driver.
On March 2 evening, Nanhe Yadav was shot dead at Balipur village near his house and his death sparked a chain of events which led to the killing of his younger brother Suresh Yadav and DSP Zia-ul Haq.
The case was investigated by local police which arrested Guddu Singh and Rajiv Pratap Singh on March 4. Later, on March 8, the CBI took over the investigation after the Uttar Pradesh government recommended for it.
This is one of the four cases being registered by the CBI to probe the murders of Yadav, Haq and the violence in the area.
Praveen Azad, wife of the slain DSP, had named Raja Bhaiya`s drivers Guddu Singh and Rohit Singh, Kunda zila panchayat chairman Gulshan Yadav and Raja Bhaiya`s local representative Hariom Srivastava for beating and killing her husband.
However, the allegations could not be verified during investigation and the CBI arrested the pradhan`s son and his brothers Phoolchand and Pawan and an associate, Manjit Yadav, for killing Haq.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore