Chargesheet filed against 4 accused of acid attack
Muzaffarnagar: Police on Saturday chargesheeted four accused in an acid attack case, in which four sisters were seriously injured at Kandhal town in Shamli district.
The accused identified as Babar Jung, Javed, Kallu and Ayyub alias `Badru` have been chargesheeted under various sections of the IPC, Deputy Superintendent of Police, CP Singh said, adding that they have been taken under police custody.
Police arrested Baber Jung, who is also the brother-in-law of the victims, his friend Javed and two others, Kallu and Ayyub hired for Rs 40,000 to do the job.
Kamerjahan (26), Ayisha (25), Esha (23) and Sanam (20), all teachers, were attacked when they were returning from Hindu inter-College in Kandhal town after UP board exam duty on April 2.
Esha, who was later shifted to Sir Ganga Ram Hospital in New Delhi with a badly damaged eye, was discharged on April 12 after a successful surgery which reclaimed her vision.
A local court had earlier rejected their bail petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months