Code violation case, chargesheet filed against BSP activist
Muzaffarnagar: A chargesheet was filed against a BSP leader for violation of model code of conduct during the recently concluded Lok Sabha polls, police said on Saturday.
Vikas, BSP incharge of Purkazi Assembly Constituency, was booked yesterday for allegedly violating the code of conduct during the polls concluded last month.
He had organised an election meeting in a college at Chapar in which several BSP leaders including MLC Lokesh Prajapati, MLA Anil Kumar, and co-coordinator Pardeep Saini had participated.
A case was registered against these leaders for distribution of lunch packets to the people in violation of the Model Code of Conduct.
However, all BSP leaders were given clean chit during investigation except Vikas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan