Code violation case, chargesheet filed against BSP activist
Muzaffarnagar: A chargesheet was filed against a BSP leader for violation of model code of conduct during the recently concluded Lok Sabha polls, police said on Saturday.
Vikas, BSP incharge of Purkazi Assembly Constituency, was booked yesterday for allegedly violating the code of conduct during the polls concluded last month.
He had organised an election meeting in a college at Chapar in which several BSP leaders including MLC Lokesh Prajapati, MLA Anil Kumar, and co-coordinator Pardeep Saini had participated.
A case was registered against these leaders for distribution of lunch packets to the people in violation of the Model Code of Conduct.
However, all BSP leaders were given clean chit during investigation except Vikas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress