Cold wave claims 15 more lives in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: The intense cold wave snuffed out 15 more lives in Uttar Pradesh taking the toll to 155 as mercury continued to plunge with Muzaffarnagar recording a low of 0.2 degree Celsius.
Three people each died in Bijnor, Etah and Muzaffarnagar, two each in Lalitpur and Mirzapur and one each in Unnao and Chandauli, officials said.
According to the Met office, maximum temperature was below normal by six to 13 degrees in many parts of the state and cold wave conditions would prevail during the next 48 hours.
Weather was mainly dry over the state and night temperature rose marginally in Varanasi, Allahabad divisions and changed little elsewhere.
The department said that weather would be mainly dry over the state. Ground frost would occur at some parts of the state during next two nights.
Very dense fog with visibility of 100 metre or less would prevail over many parts of eastern UP during next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look
- HORRIFIC: Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid before being dumped on road in Kanpur
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts
- PM Modi, Amit Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states