Cold wave claims 15 more lives in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: The intense cold wave snuffed out 15 more lives in Uttar Pradesh taking the toll to 155 as mercury continued to plunge with Muzaffarnagar recording a low of 0.2 degree Celsius.
Three people each died in Bijnor, Etah and Muzaffarnagar, two each in Lalitpur and Mirzapur and one each in Unnao and Chandauli, officials said.
According to the Met office, maximum temperature was below normal by six to 13 degrees in many parts of the state and cold wave conditions would prevail during the next 48 hours.
Weather was mainly dry over the state and night temperature rose marginally in Varanasi, Allahabad divisions and changed little elsewhere.
The department said that weather would be mainly dry over the state. Ground frost would occur at some parts of the state during next two nights.
Very dense fog with visibility of 100 metre or less would prevail over many parts of eastern UP during next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India