Cold wave claims 15 more lives in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: The intense cold wave snuffed out 15 more lives in Uttar Pradesh taking the toll to 155 as mercury continued to plunge with Muzaffarnagar recording a low of 0.2 degree Celsius.
Three people each died in Bijnor, Etah and Muzaffarnagar, two each in Lalitpur and Mirzapur and one each in Unnao and Chandauli, officials said.
According to the Met office, maximum temperature was below normal by six to 13 degrees in many parts of the state and cold wave conditions would prevail during the next 48 hours.
Weather was mainly dry over the state and night temperature rose marginally in Varanasi, Allahabad divisions and changed little elsewhere.
The department said that weather would be mainly dry over the state. Ground frost would occur at some parts of the state during next two nights.
Very dense fog with visibility of 100 metre or less would prevail over many parts of eastern UP during next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report