Committee probing Noida violence submits report to UP govt
Lucknow: The 2-member committee, looking into the violence in Noida during the nationwide strike by trade unions this month, submitted its report to the Uttar Pradesh government on Monday.
"The government has received the report and is going through it," Principal Secretary (Home) R M Srivastava told PTI.
The committee, with ADGP (Law and Order) Arun Kumar and Home Secretary Rakesh as its members, was set up on February 20 after violence broke out in Noida during the strike called by several trade unions.
Some 25 vehicles were set ablaze and several industrial units damaged during the violence.
Strict action would be taken against officials found guilty after examining the report, the Principal Secretary (Home) said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad