Complainant, man booked for lodging fake gang-rape case in UP
Ghaziabad: A woman who alleged gang-rape and her associate have been booked here for registering a fake case, police said Tuesday.
The woman, claiming to be from Hapur, had registered the gangrape case against factory owner Raju and his three friends.
On investigation, the case was found to be fake, Kavi Nagar police station in-charge R P Sharma said.
A case has now been registered against the woman and her accomplice Sanjeev, who has been arrested.
Efforts are on to trace the woman, he said.
Sanjeev was recently arrested by the Sahibabad police in a fraud case and he suspected that Raju and the other three had given him in.
So, after his release, allegedly to exact revenge, he along with the accused woman registered the gangrape case against the four, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation