Complainant, man booked for lodging fake gang-rape case in UP
Ghaziabad: A woman who alleged gang-rape and her associate have been booked here for registering a fake case, police said Tuesday.
The woman, claiming to be from Hapur, had registered the gangrape case against factory owner Raju and his three friends.
On investigation, the case was found to be fake, Kavi Nagar police station in-charge R P Sharma said.
A case has now been registered against the woman and her accomplice Sanjeev, who has been arrested.
Efforts are on to trace the woman, he said.
Sanjeev was recently arrested by the Sahibabad police in a fraud case and he suspected that Raju and the other three had given him in.
So, after his release, allegedly to exact revenge, he along with the accused woman registered the gangrape case against the four, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Whoa! Ranbir Kapoor's new house is ready, GUESS who designed it?
- East India's first cadaver liver transplant in Kolkata
- Niti Aayog to hold consultations today with states on 15-year vision document
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)