Complainant, man booked for lodging fake gang-rape case in UP
Ghaziabad: A woman who alleged gang-rape and her associate have been booked here for registering a fake case, police said Tuesday.
The woman, claiming to be from Hapur, had registered the gangrape case against factory owner Raju and his three friends.
On investigation, the case was found to be fake, Kavi Nagar police station in-charge R P Sharma said.
A case has now been registered against the woman and her accomplice Sanjeev, who has been arrested.
Efforts are on to trace the woman, he said.
Sanjeev was recently arrested by the Sahibabad police in a fraud case and he suspected that Raju and the other three had given him in.
So, after his release, allegedly to exact revenge, he along with the accused woman registered the gangrape case against the four, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender