Complainant, man booked for lodging fake gang-rape case in UP
Ghaziabad: A woman who alleged gang-rape and her associate have been booked here for registering a fake case, police said Tuesday.
The woman, claiming to be from Hapur, had registered the gangrape case against factory owner Raju and his three friends.
On investigation, the case was found to be fake, Kavi Nagar police station in-charge R P Sharma said.
A case has now been registered against the woman and her accomplice Sanjeev, who has been arrested.
Efforts are on to trace the woman, he said.
Sanjeev was recently arrested by the Sahibabad police in a fraud case and he suspected that Raju and the other three had given him in.
So, after his release, allegedly to exact revenge, he along with the accused woman registered the gangrape case against the four, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’