Complainant, man booked for lodging fake gang-rape case in UP
Ghaziabad: A woman who alleged gang-rape and her associate have been booked here for registering a fake case, police said Tuesday.
The woman, claiming to be from Hapur, had registered the gangrape case against factory owner Raju and his three friends.
On investigation, the case was found to be fake, Kavi Nagar police station in-charge R P Sharma said.
A case has now been registered against the woman and her accomplice Sanjeev, who has been arrested.
Efforts are on to trace the woman, he said.
Sanjeev was recently arrested by the Sahibabad police in a fraud case and he suspected that Raju and the other three had given him in.
So, after his release, allegedly to exact revenge, he along with the accused woman registered the gangrape case against the four, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda