Cong hits back at Mayawati for misusing dalit card
New Delhi: Congress on Friday hit back at Uttar
Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati accusing her of massive
corruption by resorting to politics of dalit votes.
Party General Secretary Digvijay Singh told reporters
that the UP Chief Minister is only involved in "self
upliftment" while Congress has strived for adivasis, dalits
and weaker sections.
"Every prime property in Lucknow is that of Mayawati...
What she does, how she is acquiring these properties, she
should tell us," Singh, a critic of the UP Chief Minister,
Singh also made it clear that Congress has no intentions
of replacing Manmohan Singh from the prime ministerial post.
"Dr Manmohan Singh is an honest leader, the post is
not vacant so where is the question for another PM?" he asked.
The Congress leader said this in response to Mayawati`s
statement that Congress could make either Lok Sabha Speaker
Meira Kumar or Union Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde as Prime
Minister to split the dalit vote ahead of the UP polls.
Insisting that Mayawati has resorted to only wastage of
money, he alleged, "Government of India has given her Rs 2.5
lakh crores, but she has spent all this in constructing parks,
elephants and statues."
"It is squandering of the tax payers money, the hard
earned money was spent on constructing statues of her parents.
If she wanted to do so she should have spent her own money and
not that of the exchequer," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?