Cong hits back at Mayawati for misusing dalit card
New Delhi: Congress on Friday hit back at Uttar
Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati accusing her of massive
corruption by resorting to politics of dalit votes.
Party General Secretary Digvijay Singh told reporters
that the UP Chief Minister is only involved in "self
upliftment" while Congress has strived for adivasis, dalits
and weaker sections.
"Every prime property in Lucknow is that of Mayawati...
What she does, how she is acquiring these properties, she
should tell us," Singh, a critic of the UP Chief Minister,
Singh also made it clear that Congress has no intentions
of replacing Manmohan Singh from the prime ministerial post.
"Dr Manmohan Singh is an honest leader, the post is
not vacant so where is the question for another PM?" he asked.
The Congress leader said this in response to Mayawati`s
statement that Congress could make either Lok Sabha Speaker
Meira Kumar or Union Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde as Prime
Minister to split the dalit vote ahead of the UP polls.
Insisting that Mayawati has resorted to only wastage of
money, he alleged, "Government of India has given her Rs 2.5
lakh crores, but she has spent all this in constructing parks,
elephants and statues."
"It is squandering of the tax payers money, the hard
earned money was spent on constructing statues of her parents.
If she wanted to do so she should have spent her own money and
not that of the exchequer," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers