Congress conspiring to trap Mulayam in CBI net, alleges SP
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party on Sunday alleged the UPA government at the Centre was conspiring to trap party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav in the CBI net for not supporting the FDI in retail and a bill on quota in promotions.
In a statement here, SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury also alleged the BJP was hand in glove with the Centre in this game of the Congress.
"Conspiracy is on to trap the SP supremo in the CBI net for not supporting FDI and a bill on quota in promotions. The BJP is also hand in glove on the matter," he said.
To deal with Mulayam, the Centre had adoped a policy to "blackmail" him, Chowdhury alleged.
Even some former CBI Directors had admitted there was political pressure on the agency, he said.
Chowdhury, however, said "come what may, the SP will not change its stand."
"In the game of Congress, the BJP is also involved," he said.
Yesterday, Mulayam had said in Mainpuri that his party would review support to the Congress-led UPA government if the quota bill was passed.
"The bill is anti-national and will divide the people. My party has opposed the bill inside and outside the House and will continue its opposition," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'