Congress conspiring to trap Mulayam in CBI net, alleges SP
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party on Sunday alleged the UPA government at the Centre was conspiring to trap party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav in the CBI net for not supporting the FDI in retail and a bill on quota in promotions.
In a statement here, SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury also alleged the BJP was hand in glove with the Centre in this game of the Congress.
"Conspiracy is on to trap the SP supremo in the CBI net for not supporting FDI and a bill on quota in promotions. The BJP is also hand in glove on the matter," he said.
To deal with Mulayam, the Centre had adoped a policy to "blackmail" him, Chowdhury alleged.
Even some former CBI Directors had admitted there was political pressure on the agency, he said.
Chowdhury, however, said "come what may, the SP will not change its stand."
"In the game of Congress, the BJP is also involved," he said.
Yesterday, Mulayam had said in Mainpuri that his party would review support to the Congress-led UPA government if the quota bill was passed.
"The bill is anti-national and will divide the people. My party has opposed the bill inside and outside the House and will continue its opposition," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj