Congress conspiring to trap Mulayam in CBI net, alleges SP
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party on Sunday alleged the UPA government at the Centre was conspiring to trap party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav in the CBI net for not supporting the FDI in retail and a bill on quota in promotions.
In a statement here, SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury also alleged the BJP was hand in glove with the Centre in this game of the Congress.
"Conspiracy is on to trap the SP supremo in the CBI net for not supporting FDI and a bill on quota in promotions. The BJP is also hand in glove on the matter," he said.
To deal with Mulayam, the Centre had adoped a policy to "blackmail" him, Chowdhury alleged.
Even some former CBI Directors had admitted there was political pressure on the agency, he said.
Chowdhury, however, said "come what may, the SP will not change its stand."
"In the game of Congress, the BJP is also involved," he said.
Yesterday, Mulayam had said in Mainpuri that his party would review support to the Congress-led UPA government if the quota bill was passed.
"The bill is anti-national and will divide the people. My party has opposed the bill inside and outside the House and will continue its opposition," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi