Congress conspiring to trap Mulayam in CBI net, alleges SP
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party on Sunday alleged the UPA government at the Centre was conspiring to trap party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav in the CBI net for not supporting the FDI in retail and a bill on quota in promotions.
In a statement here, SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury also alleged the BJP was hand in glove with the Centre in this game of the Congress.
"Conspiracy is on to trap the SP supremo in the CBI net for not supporting FDI and a bill on quota in promotions. The BJP is also hand in glove on the matter," he said.
To deal with Mulayam, the Centre had adoped a policy to "blackmail" him, Chowdhury alleged.
Even some former CBI Directors had admitted there was political pressure on the agency, he said.
Chowdhury, however, said "come what may, the SP will not change its stand."
"In the game of Congress, the BJP is also involved," he said.
Yesterday, Mulayam had said in Mainpuri that his party would review support to the Congress-led UPA government if the quota bill was passed.
"The bill is anti-national and will divide the people. My party has opposed the bill inside and outside the House and will continue its opposition," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre