Congress conspiring to trap Mulayam in CBI net, alleges SP
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party on Sunday alleged the UPA government at the Centre was conspiring to trap party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav in the CBI net for not supporting the FDI in retail and a bill on quota in promotions.
In a statement here, SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury also alleged the BJP was hand in glove with the Centre in this game of the Congress.
"Conspiracy is on to trap the SP supremo in the CBI net for not supporting FDI and a bill on quota in promotions. The BJP is also hand in glove on the matter," he said.
To deal with Mulayam, the Centre had adoped a policy to "blackmail" him, Chowdhury alleged.
Even some former CBI Directors had admitted there was political pressure on the agency, he said.
Chowdhury, however, said "come what may, the SP will not change its stand."
"In the game of Congress, the BJP is also involved," he said.
Yesterday, Mulayam had said in Mainpuri that his party would review support to the Congress-led UPA government if the quota bill was passed.
"The bill is anti-national and will divide the people. My party has opposed the bill inside and outside the House and will continue its opposition," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand
- Donald Trump has no clue about middle class, says Joe Biden
- Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency - Highlights