Cops suspended for jailing 10-year-old in UP
Bulandshahr: Two women constables were suspended, while two sub-Inspectors including the station-in-charge were sent to police lines for putting a ten year old girl behind bars. The girl had come to the police station along with her mother here to lodge a complaint of sexual exploitation.
Action was taken against the erring cops after the people of the area staged an agitation demanding that the girl be released. Two women constables have been suspended while two sub-Inspectors including the station-in-charge have been sent to police lines following the incident, SSP Gulab Singh said.
Meanwhile, three accused alleged to have raped the girl have been arrested.
The victim had to spent several hours behind the bars. The minor from Meerpur village was found lying unconscious in a field by her parents on Monday night where she had been dumped after being allegedly raped.
An FIR was lodged with the police by victims` parents but shockingly the staff of the women`s police station detained the victim in lock-up.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM