Cops suspended for jailing 10-year-old in UP
Bulandshahr: Two women constables were suspended, while two sub-Inspectors including the station-in-charge were sent to police lines for putting a ten year old girl behind bars. The girl had come to the police station along with her mother here to lodge a complaint of sexual exploitation.
Action was taken against the erring cops after the people of the area staged an agitation demanding that the girl be released. Two women constables have been suspended while two sub-Inspectors including the station-in-charge have been sent to police lines following the incident, SSP Gulab Singh said.
Meanwhile, three accused alleged to have raped the girl have been arrested.
The victim had to spent several hours behind the bars. The minor from Meerpur village was found lying unconscious in a field by her parents on Monday night where she had been dumped after being allegedly raped.
An FIR was lodged with the police by victims` parents but shockingly the staff of the women`s police station detained the victim in lock-up.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional