Cops suspended for jailing 10-year-old in UP
Bulandshahr: Two women constables were suspended, while two sub-Inspectors including the station-in-charge were sent to police lines for putting a ten year old girl behind bars. The girl had come to the police station along with her mother here to lodge a complaint of sexual exploitation.
Action was taken against the erring cops after the people of the area staged an agitation demanding that the girl be released. Two women constables have been suspended while two sub-Inspectors including the station-in-charge have been sent to police lines following the incident, SSP Gulab Singh said.
Meanwhile, three accused alleged to have raped the girl have been arrested.
The victim had to spent several hours behind the bars. The minor from Meerpur village was found lying unconscious in a field by her parents on Monday night where she had been dumped after being allegedly raped.
An FIR was lodged with the police by victims` parents but shockingly the staff of the women`s police station detained the victim in lock-up.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim writer, accused of insulting God, attacked in Kerala
- Gujarat Dalit victims say 'gau rakshaks' could have burnt them alive
- OnePlus 3 Soft Gold edition hitting the stores today
- Baar Baar Dekho: Brand new ‘Kala Chashma’ still featuring Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra
- 1st Test, Day 1 – Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...