DSP murder: CBI wants lie detector test on Raja Bhaiya
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), which is investigating the murder case of Kunda Deputy Superintendent of Police Zia-ul-Haque, has sought permission from the special court for conducting a lie detection test on former Uttar Pradesh minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya.
Reports on Thursday claimed that the CBI wants to collect more evidence against Raja Bhaiya, who is also one of the key accused in the case.
Last month, the CBI sleuths grilled Raja Bhaiya for over 20 hours over a span of two days. However, the former minister was allowed to return as the probe agency could not find any credible evidence to seek his custody.
If the court gives its permission for the polygraph test, the CBI hopes that it would be able to crack the murder mystery and the larger conspiracy of the killings of the DSP and two others.
Haque`s wife Parveen Azad had accused Raja Bhaiya of being involved in the murder case. The allegations forced him to resign from as Minister of Food and Civil Supplies from the Akhilesh Yadav government in March.
Haque was killed on March 2 in Pratapgarh district where he had gone to probe a village headman`s murder. An angry mob reportedly cornered him, and eight policemen who were with him allegedly abandoned him. Three bullets were fired - one killed Haque; the other two killed headman Nanhe Yadav`s brother.
The CBI later registered four cases pertaining to the three murders and booked Raja Bhaiya in one of them.
Raja Bhaiya, who has a lengthy criminal record, has denied the allegations against him.
The CBI last month filed a chargesheet against five people but did not name Raja Bhaiya.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant