Efforts on to boost industrialisation in UP: Akhilesh
Firozabad: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said efforts are on to encourage industrialists to set up new units in the state as it will lead to an increase in job opportunities.
He also said that in the next four years farmers and poor will feel prosperity across the state, including villages.
"SP government is continuously working for the poor and farmers and this was the reason that 74 per cent of the state budget has been earmarked for their development," Akhilesh said.
The chief minister was addressing a meeting after laying foundation of Rs 140 crore Jasrana new canal project.
Akhilesh said that employment opportunities were being created and till the time youth do not get jobs, unemployment allowance will continue.
The chief minister alleged that the previous government spent funds on statues and parks in which corruption was rampant.
"Four ministers of the previous regime were in the jail on corruption charges," he said.
Lokayukta probe was underway and many more former ministers may go to jail, he said.
"Efforts were being made to create an atmosphere of development by encouraging industrialists to set up new industries," the chief minister said.
When the industry would develop, state would also develop and youth would get employment opportunities, he said.
Akhilesh announced several projects on the occasion and said if Firozabad Nagar Palika meets the norms, it would be given status of a municipal corporation.
The CM said that owing to the dark zone area people of Firozabad, who were facing drinking water problem, would be benefited by the canal project.
Akhilesh also appealed the people to ensure victory of party candidate Akshay Yadav, son of national general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav, in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic