Efforts on to boost industrialisation in UP: Akhilesh
Firozabad: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said efforts are on to encourage industrialists to set up new units in the state as it will lead to an increase in job opportunities.
He also said that in the next four years farmers and poor will feel prosperity across the state, including villages.
"SP government is continuously working for the poor and farmers and this was the reason that 74 per cent of the state budget has been earmarked for their development," Akhilesh said.
The chief minister was addressing a meeting after laying foundation of Rs 140 crore Jasrana new canal project.
Akhilesh said that employment opportunities were being created and till the time youth do not get jobs, unemployment allowance will continue.
The chief minister alleged that the previous government spent funds on statues and parks in which corruption was rampant.
"Four ministers of the previous regime were in the jail on corruption charges," he said.
Lokayukta probe was underway and many more former ministers may go to jail, he said.
"Efforts were being made to create an atmosphere of development by encouraging industrialists to set up new industries," the chief minister said.
When the industry would develop, state would also develop and youth would get employment opportunities, he said.
Akhilesh announced several projects on the occasion and said if Firozabad Nagar Palika meets the norms, it would be given status of a municipal corporation.
The CM said that owing to the dark zone area people of Firozabad, who were facing drinking water problem, would be benefited by the canal project.
Akhilesh also appealed the people to ensure victory of party candidate Akshay Yadav, son of national general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav, in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read