Engineering student drowns, body missing
Kanpur: An engineering student slipped and drowned in a canal near Armapur here when he entered the deep waters trying to get his picture clicked, police said today.
Rahul Chauhan (19) had left with his five friends to Vijaynagar bazaar for shopping last evening. En route, the group of friends stopped at the Armapur Canal bridge, where Rahul entered the swift waters to get his picture clicked but he slipped and drowned, they said.
The police divers continued their search for the body till late yesterday but were unsuccessful, they said, adding the search is still on.
Rahul`s family has been informed about the incident by the college administration. The police is probing the matter.
A resident of Uttarakhand, Rahul was a first year student at a private engineering college near Armapur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick