Engineering student drowns, body missing
Kanpur: An engineering student slipped and drowned in a canal near Armapur here when he entered the deep waters trying to get his picture clicked, police said today.
Rahul Chauhan (19) had left with his five friends to Vijaynagar bazaar for shopping last evening. En route, the group of friends stopped at the Armapur Canal bridge, where Rahul entered the swift waters to get his picture clicked but he slipped and drowned, they said.
The police divers continued their search for the body till late yesterday but were unsuccessful, they said, adding the search is still on.
Rahul`s family has been informed about the incident by the college administration. The police is probing the matter.
A resident of Uttarakhand, Rahul was a first year student at a private engineering college near Armapur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'