Engineering student drowns, body missing
Kanpur: An engineering student slipped and drowned in a canal near Armapur here when he entered the deep waters trying to get his picture clicked, police said today.
Rahul Chauhan (19) had left with his five friends to Vijaynagar bazaar for shopping last evening. En route, the group of friends stopped at the Armapur Canal bridge, where Rahul entered the swift waters to get his picture clicked but he slipped and drowned, they said.
The police divers continued their search for the body till late yesterday but were unsuccessful, they said, adding the search is still on.
Rahul`s family has been informed about the incident by the college administration. The police is probing the matter.
A resident of Uttarakhand, Rahul was a first year student at a private engineering college near Armapur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj