Engineering student drowns, body missing
Kanpur: An engineering student slipped and drowned in a canal near Armapur here when he entered the deep waters trying to get his picture clicked, police said today.
Rahul Chauhan (19) had left with his five friends to Vijaynagar bazaar for shopping last evening. En route, the group of friends stopped at the Armapur Canal bridge, where Rahul entered the swift waters to get his picture clicked but he slipped and drowned, they said.
The police divers continued their search for the body till late yesterday but were unsuccessful, they said, adding the search is still on.
Rahul`s family has been informed about the incident by the college administration. The police is probing the matter.
A resident of Uttarakhand, Rahul was a first year student at a private engineering college near Armapur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre