Farmer beaten to death in Jaunpur
Jaunpur (UP): A 53-year-old farmer was allegedly beaten to death on Tuesday by some persons in Machhlishahr area of the district.
Following a minor dispute, Bharatlal Yadav was beaten with sticks by few persons in Bhaupur village, police said.
Yadav died on the spot.
Upset over the incident, villagers protested in front of Machlishahr police station and demanded immediate arrest of those involved in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM