Farmer beaten to death in Jaunpur
Jaunpur (UP): A 53-year-old farmer was allegedly beaten to death on Tuesday by some persons in Machhlishahr area of the district.
Following a minor dispute, Bharatlal Yadav was beaten with sticks by few persons in Bhaupur village, police said.
Yadav died on the spot.
Upset over the incident, villagers protested in front of Machlishahr police station and demanded immediate arrest of those involved in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Here are some tips to style yourself in a Boho outfit
- It is inexcusable that Leander Paes reached Rio a day before doubles match: Mahesh Bhupathi
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”