Farmer beaten to death in Jaunpur
Jaunpur (UP): A 53-year-old farmer was allegedly beaten to death on Tuesday by some persons in Machhlishahr area of the district.
Following a minor dispute, Bharatlal Yadav was beaten with sticks by few persons in Bhaupur village, police said.
Yadav died on the spot.
Upset over the incident, villagers protested in front of Machlishahr police station and demanded immediate arrest of those involved in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth