Five bookies held for IPL betting
Kanpur: Police on Monday claimed to have busted a cricket betting racket with the arrest of five alleged bookies.
Rs 18,000, six mobile phones along with some documents related to betting were also seized from them, the police said.
Acting on a tip off, police raided a house near Prashant Nursing Home in Gujaini area of Govindpuri yesterday, a police official said.
Five bookies namely Sunil, Neeraj, Santosh, Saurabh and Vishnu were nabbed yesterday when they were placing bets on the IPL matches, said police.
Further investigations are on to establish their links and apprehend the other members of the gang, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit impact: RBI will provide liquidity wherever necessary, says Raghuram Rajan
- I should speak less now, jokes Salman Khan
- POSTER alert! Erika Kaar in Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay'
- Maharashtra districts to have own disaster management plan
- Despite big money on table, Rahul Dravid rejected Anurag Thakur's offer to coach India - Here's why