Five bookies held for IPL betting
Kanpur: Police on Monday claimed to have busted a cricket betting racket with the arrest of five alleged bookies.
Rs 18,000, six mobile phones along with some documents related to betting were also seized from them, the police said.
Acting on a tip off, police raided a house near Prashant Nursing Home in Gujaini area of Govindpuri yesterday, a police official said.
Five bookies namely Sunil, Neeraj, Santosh, Saurabh and Vishnu were nabbed yesterday when they were placing bets on the IPL matches, said police.
Further investigations are on to establish their links and apprehend the other members of the gang, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet