Five bookies held for IPL betting
Kanpur: Police on Monday claimed to have busted a cricket betting racket with the arrest of five alleged bookies.
Rs 18,000, six mobile phones along with some documents related to betting were also seized from them, the police said.
Acting on a tip off, police raided a house near Prashant Nursing Home in Gujaini area of Govindpuri yesterday, a police official said.
Five bookies namely Sunil, Neeraj, Santosh, Saurabh and Vishnu were nabbed yesterday when they were placing bets on the IPL matches, said police.
Further investigations are on to establish their links and apprehend the other members of the gang, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city