Five bookies held for IPL betting
Kanpur: Police on Monday claimed to have busted a cricket betting racket with the arrest of five alleged bookies.
Rs 18,000, six mobile phones along with some documents related to betting were also seized from them, the police said.
Acting on a tip off, police raided a house near Prashant Nursing Home in Gujaini area of Govindpuri yesterday, a police official said.
Five bookies namely Sunil, Neeraj, Santosh, Saurabh and Vishnu were nabbed yesterday when they were placing bets on the IPL matches, said police.
Further investigations are on to establish their links and apprehend the other members of the gang, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional