Five bookies held for IPL betting
Kanpur: Police on Monday claimed to have busted a cricket betting racket with the arrest of five alleged bookies.
Rs 18,000, six mobile phones along with some documents related to betting were also seized from them, the police said.
Acting on a tip off, police raided a house near Prashant Nursing Home in Gujaini area of Govindpuri yesterday, a police official said.
Five bookies namely Sunil, Neeraj, Santosh, Saurabh and Vishnu were nabbed yesterday when they were placing bets on the IPL matches, said police.
Further investigations are on to establish their links and apprehend the other members of the gang, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you