Four given life term for murder
Maharajganj (Uttar Pradesh): A local court here has sentenced four persons, including two women, to life imprisonment for a murder committed 15 years ago.
Additional Sessions Judge Jetendra Kumar Sinha also imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 on each Saturday for the murder of Duija Devi in November, 1998.
She was killed by Chandrika, Shyam Lal, Lalti Devi and Kusmawti over a land dispute in Khothibar area, prosecution sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers