Four given life term for murder
Maharajganj (Uttar Pradesh): A local court here has sentenced four persons, including two women, to life imprisonment for a murder committed 15 years ago.
Additional Sessions Judge Jetendra Kumar Sinha also imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 on each Saturday for the murder of Duija Devi in November, 1998.
She was killed by Chandrika, Shyam Lal, Lalti Devi and Kusmawti over a land dispute in Khothibar area, prosecution sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy