Four given life term for murder
Maharajganj (Uttar Pradesh): A local court here has sentenced four persons, including two women, to life imprisonment for a murder committed 15 years ago.
Additional Sessions Judge Jetendra Kumar Sinha also imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 on each Saturday for the murder of Duija Devi in November, 1998.
She was killed by Chandrika, Shyam Lal, Lalti Devi and Kusmawti over a land dispute in Khothibar area, prosecution sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!