Four given life term for murder
Maharajganj (Uttar Pradesh): A local court here has sentenced four persons, including two women, to life imprisonment for a murder committed 15 years ago.
Additional Sessions Judge Jetendra Kumar Sinha also imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 on each Saturday for the murder of Duija Devi in November, 1998.
She was killed by Chandrika, Shyam Lal, Lalti Devi and Kusmawti over a land dispute in Khothibar area, prosecution sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa