Four killed, five cops injured in UP accident
Lucknow: Four people were killed and five policemen injured when a speeding truck rammed into a police jeep and a small truck in Uttar Pradesh`s Chandauli district Monday, police said.
Police had rounded up a truck with cattle and were taking it to the police station at 2 a.m. Monday.
When the jeep was escorting the truck, a speeding Canter small truck rammed into the truck and the jeep at Fukutuiyya village.
Four people sitting in the Canter - Duraj Lal, Ram Kishore, Bhajelu Yadav and another unidentified person - died on the spot while five policemen, including a sub-inspector, sitting in the jeep were injured.
Chandauli is about 350 km from here.
Condition of two policemen is state to be critical.
The critically wounded cops have been admitted to the Banaras Hindu University (BHU) Hospital while the others are undergoing treatment at a local medical facility.
All four cattle smugglers in the truck have been arrested and the bodies sent for post-mortem examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them