Gang of auto thieves busted, 38 stolen motorcycles recovered
Noida: Noida Police on Monday claimed to have busted a gang of auto thieves with the arrest of four persons from Sector 58 area and recovered 38 stolen motorcycles from them.
The arrest was made from two different places last night, Superintendent of Police Yogesh Singh said, adding that they have been involved in over a hundred cases of theft.
"Last night, during checking of vehicles four criminals were arrested from two places in Sector 58 area. On interrogation it was revealed they were members of gang of auto thieves," the officer said.
Virendra, Amit, Neeraj and Gurari were arrested and 38 stolen bikes were recovered on the information they gave, the SP said.
"The motorcycles were stolen from Delhi and NCR region," he said.
SHO of Sector 58 police station, SK Yadav said, "They confessed to have committed over a hundred auto thefts. The gang members were trained to lift the vehicles within minutes. In the past two occasions they had managed to dodge the police. This time we had formed separate teams to nab them."
"They used to sell the stolen bikes in other states on fake documents," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj