Gang of auto thieves busted, 38 stolen motorcycles recovered
Noida: Noida Police on Monday claimed to have busted a gang of auto thieves with the arrest of four persons from Sector 58 area and recovered 38 stolen motorcycles from them.
The arrest was made from two different places last night, Superintendent of Police Yogesh Singh said, adding that they have been involved in over a hundred cases of theft.
"Last night, during checking of vehicles four criminals were arrested from two places in Sector 58 area. On interrogation it was revealed they were members of gang of auto thieves," the officer said.
Virendra, Amit, Neeraj and Gurari were arrested and 38 stolen bikes were recovered on the information they gave, the SP said.
"The motorcycles were stolen from Delhi and NCR region," he said.
SHO of Sector 58 police station, SK Yadav said, "They confessed to have committed over a hundred auto thefts. The gang members were trained to lift the vehicles within minutes. In the past two occasions they had managed to dodge the police. This time we had formed separate teams to nab them."
"They used to sell the stolen bikes in other states on fake documents," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report