Gang of auto thieves busted, 38 stolen motorcycles recovered
Noida: Noida Police on Monday claimed to have busted a gang of auto thieves with the arrest of four persons from Sector 58 area and recovered 38 stolen motorcycles from them.
The arrest was made from two different places last night, Superintendent of Police Yogesh Singh said, adding that they have been involved in over a hundred cases of theft.
"Last night, during checking of vehicles four criminals were arrested from two places in Sector 58 area. On interrogation it was revealed they were members of gang of auto thieves," the officer said.
Virendra, Amit, Neeraj and Gurari were arrested and 38 stolen bikes were recovered on the information they gave, the SP said.
"The motorcycles were stolen from Delhi and NCR region," he said.
SHO of Sector 58 police station, SK Yadav said, "They confessed to have committed over a hundred auto thefts. The gang members were trained to lift the vehicles within minutes. In the past two occasions they had managed to dodge the police. This time we had formed separate teams to nab them."
"They used to sell the stolen bikes in other states on fake documents," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers