Goon remark: SP minister asks Mayawati to check her language
Lucknow: Reacting to BSP supremo Mayawati`s charge that the Samajwadi Party government was indulging in political vendetta, Uttar Pradesh Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav on Monday asked her to exercise restraint on the language she uses for her political opponents.
"SP government has never acted out of vendetta... She is repeatedly calling the party men as goondas...She should exercise restraint on her language," said Yadav, state minister for PWD and Irrigation.
Addressing a function to mark B R Ambedkar`s 122th birth anniversary here yesterday, Mayawati had accused SP government of political vendetta after hoardings installed by her party for Ambedkar`s birth anniversary were allegedly removed.
Mayawati had said that SP "goons" will be "taught a lesson" when she returns to power.
Reacting to the comments, Yadav said if they wished they too could do the same to Mayawati and her party men as SP was currently in power.
Rejecting allegation of the BSP chief that SP "goons" and workers have grabbed the land leased to marginal farmers during her regime, Yadav said it was totally baseless.
He alleged that BSP supremo was the biggest land mafia during the previous government, having grabbed land from Lucknow to Delhi.
On the allegations on the law and order front, Yadav cited the various criminal cases reported during Mayawati`s government, including the murder of a deputy CMO in jail, and stressed that "an impartial probe would put many BSP men in jail".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'