Govt sanctions new CRPF centre in Amethi
New Delhi: The government has decided to create a new and modern training centre for CRPF in Amethi, the Parliamentary constituency of Rahul Gandhi.
The Recruit Training Centre (RTC), set to be operational in one-year time, will have a capacity to train nearly 1,000 fresh recruits who join the country`s largest central security force as constables.
Two others RTCs have also been sanctioned by the Union Home Ministry for the force in Latur (Maharashtra) and Jodhpur (Rajasthan).
The Central Reserve Police Force already has presence in this Uttar Pradesh city as it had created a Group Centre in 2011 which was inaugurated by the Congress Vice-President.
The CRPF has four RTCs in the country in Neemuch (Madhya Pradesh), Avadi in Chennai (Tamil Nadu), Peringome (Kerala) and Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez