Govt sanctions new CRPF centre in Amethi
New Delhi: The government has decided to create a new and modern training centre for CRPF in Amethi, the Parliamentary constituency of Rahul Gandhi.
The Recruit Training Centre (RTC), set to be operational in one-year time, will have a capacity to train nearly 1,000 fresh recruits who join the country`s largest central security force as constables.
Two others RTCs have also been sanctioned by the Union Home Ministry for the force in Latur (Maharashtra) and Jodhpur (Rajasthan).
The Central Reserve Police Force already has presence in this Uttar Pradesh city as it had created a Group Centre in 2011 which was inaugurated by the Congress Vice-President.
The CRPF has four RTCs in the country in Neemuch (Madhya Pradesh), Avadi in Chennai (Tamil Nadu), Peringome (Kerala) and Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living