Govt sanctions new CRPF centre in Amethi
New Delhi: The government has decided to create a new and modern training centre for CRPF in Amethi, the Parliamentary constituency of Rahul Gandhi.
The Recruit Training Centre (RTC), set to be operational in one-year time, will have a capacity to train nearly 1,000 fresh recruits who join the country`s largest central security force as constables.
Two others RTCs have also been sanctioned by the Union Home Ministry for the force in Latur (Maharashtra) and Jodhpur (Rajasthan).
The Central Reserve Police Force already has presence in this Uttar Pradesh city as it had created a Group Centre in 2011 which was inaugurated by the Congress Vice-President.
The CRPF has four RTCs in the country in Neemuch (Madhya Pradesh), Avadi in Chennai (Tamil Nadu), Peringome (Kerala) and Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred