Govt sanctions new CRPF centre in Amethi
New Delhi: The government has decided to create a new and modern training centre for CRPF in Amethi, the Parliamentary constituency of Rahul Gandhi.
The Recruit Training Centre (RTC), set to be operational in one-year time, will have a capacity to train nearly 1,000 fresh recruits who join the country`s largest central security force as constables.
Two others RTCs have also been sanctioned by the Union Home Ministry for the force in Latur (Maharashtra) and Jodhpur (Rajasthan).
The Central Reserve Police Force already has presence in this Uttar Pradesh city as it had created a Group Centre in 2011 which was inaugurated by the Congress Vice-President.
The CRPF has four RTCs in the country in Neemuch (Madhya Pradesh), Avadi in Chennai (Tamil Nadu), Peringome (Kerala) and Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons