Head Constable found dead in UP
Bulandshahr: A head constable was Thursday found dead in his room situated in Kotwali compound at Anoopshahr in the district, police said.
Mahveer Singh (58) was found bleeding from the nose by his son and some other policemen when they broke into his house as he was not picking up his phone since yesterday, SP (Rural) Vijay Gautam said.
The body was sent for postmortem to find out cause of death, Gautam said.
According to the SP, Mahveer did his duty at Anoopshahr police station yesterday and went to his room.
He did not respond to mobile calls made to him by SHO of Anoopshahr yesterday, Gautam said.
His son Deepak, living in a nearby village, also tried to contact the deceased on mobile but there was no response, prompting him to visit Anoopshahr police station and enquire about his father`s whereabouts, he said.
Deepak and some police officers then went to the accommodation of Mahveer where they found him dead, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- NASA probe set to make closest approach yet to Jupiter
- Daraya under govt control after last rebels evacuated: Syria Army
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni & Co fall short by one run in world record run chase
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg beats Max Verstappen to grab pole position
- EPL 2016-17, Gameweek 3: Saturday football — Chelsea take pole, Arsenal end winless run