Head Constable found dead in UP
Bulandshahr: A head constable was Thursday found dead in his room situated in Kotwali compound at Anoopshahr in the district, police said.
Mahveer Singh (58) was found bleeding from the nose by his son and some other policemen when they broke into his house as he was not picking up his phone since yesterday, SP (Rural) Vijay Gautam said.
The body was sent for postmortem to find out cause of death, Gautam said.
According to the SP, Mahveer did his duty at Anoopshahr police station yesterday and went to his room.
He did not respond to mobile calls made to him by SHO of Anoopshahr yesterday, Gautam said.
His son Deepak, living in a nearby village, also tried to contact the deceased on mobile but there was no response, prompting him to visit Anoopshahr police station and enquire about his father`s whereabouts, he said.
Deepak and some police officers then went to the accommodation of Mahveer where they found him dead, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India