Head Constable found dead in UP
Bulandshahr: A head constable was Thursday found dead in his room situated in Kotwali compound at Anoopshahr in the district, police said.
Mahveer Singh (58) was found bleeding from the nose by his son and some other policemen when they broke into his house as he was not picking up his phone since yesterday, SP (Rural) Vijay Gautam said.
The body was sent for postmortem to find out cause of death, Gautam said.
According to the SP, Mahveer did his duty at Anoopshahr police station yesterday and went to his room.
He did not respond to mobile calls made to him by SHO of Anoopshahr yesterday, Gautam said.
His son Deepak, living in a nearby village, also tried to contact the deceased on mobile but there was no response, prompting him to visit Anoopshahr police station and enquire about his father`s whereabouts, he said.
Deepak and some police officers then went to the accommodation of Mahveer where they found him dead, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble