Head Constable found dead in UP
Bulandshahr: A head constable was Thursday found dead in his room situated in Kotwali compound at Anoopshahr in the district, police said.
Mahveer Singh (58) was found bleeding from the nose by his son and some other policemen when they broke into his house as he was not picking up his phone since yesterday, SP (Rural) Vijay Gautam said.
The body was sent for postmortem to find out cause of death, Gautam said.
According to the SP, Mahveer did his duty at Anoopshahr police station yesterday and went to his room.
He did not respond to mobile calls made to him by SHO of Anoopshahr yesterday, Gautam said.
His son Deepak, living in a nearby village, also tried to contact the deceased on mobile but there was no response, prompting him to visit Anoopshahr police station and enquire about his father`s whereabouts, he said.
Deepak and some police officers then went to the accommodation of Mahveer where they found him dead, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?