Heavy rains lash UP, rivers remain above danger mark
Lucknow: Moderate to heavy rains and thundershowers lashed various parts of Uttar Pradesh as major rivers continued to flow above the danger mark.
Sources at the Central Water Commission said Ganga continued to flow near the red mark at Fatehgarh, Kanpur and Gazipur while flowing above the danger mark at Ballia.
Sharda at Palia Kalan, Ghaghra at Elgin Bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar and Budhi Rapti at Siddhartnagar continued to remain in spate, sources said.
Yamuna at Prayag Ghat in Mathura, Ramganga at Moradabad and Rapti at Bhinga in Shravasti, Balrampur, Siddhartngar and Gorakhpur were flowing close to the danger level, they added.
While Mauranipur received 15 cms, Lalitpur recorded 9 cm rainfall, Mahroni-7 cms, Amroha-6 cms, Agra-5 cms, Karvi-4cms, and up to three cms rainfall was recorded at Ramnagar, Moth, Nazibabad and Deoband. Two cms rainfall was recorded at Allahabad, Lucknow, Khalilabad, Sambhal and Aligarh.
A forecast said rain and thundershowers would occur at various places in the state with heavy rainfall likely at isolated places in the next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!