I would have easily transferred DSP, why get him murdered: Raja Bhaiya
Lucknow: Controversial MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya, who resigned from UP Cabinet over the killing of a DSP in Pratapgarh, on Monday demanded a CBI probe into the incident, saying he had no reason to harm the officer and would have easily got him transferred if he had a problem.
"Had I been so opposed to the CO, I would have easily got him transferred instead of getting him murdered," he said, rejecting charges that he had an old score to settle with the slain DSP who was posted as a Circle Officer in Kunda.
He said he was ready to go to jail to save SP government from embarrassment, after the matter came up through separate adjournment notices in the Zero Hour in Assembly.
"I can go to jail immediately from the House if the chief minister directs me to do so, as I have no intention of causing embarrassment to the government," Raja Bhaiya said.
He demanded a CBI inquiry into the incident so that he could clear his name and the real culprits are caught.
"I have never asked the chief minister or SP chief since I had been getting everything without asking for it, but today I ask you to order CBI inquiry," he said.
"Those who had been concentrating their energies on getting me removed from the post of minister have managed to do so as I can never think of causing embarrassment to the government," he said.
Raja Bhaiya blamed a corporator of a particular political party for giving the "most unfortunate" incident a political colour by raising slogans demanding his (Raja Bhaiya`s) arrest in Pratapgarh the next day of the incident.
On the FIR in which he has also been named, the Kunda MLA said there was a lacuna in it and it would not be able to ensure justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued