`Illegal occupants in 27 government properties in Lucknow`
Lucknow: Of the 89 government properties allotted by the Uttar Pradesh government here to various organisations and individuals, 27 are being illegally occupied, according to an estate department reply to a Right to Information (RTI) query.
Among those occupying the state government properties illegally are the Rajya Karmchari Sanyukt Parishad, Akhil Bhartiya Kayasth Mahasabha, Shramjeevi Patrakar Union, Uttar Pradesh Bar Council, Yuva Udyog Vyapar Mandal and the Uttar Pradesh Journalists Association.
According to the estate department, other organisations which are illegally occupying such properties include the Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shikshak Sangh, Minorities Forum of India, Shoshit Samaj Party in New Vidhayak Niwas, Pushpanjali Sansthan and the All India Kaifi Azmi Academy.
The Vir Bahadur Jan Sansthan at 3, Mall Avenue, in the state capital Lucknow is another illegal occupant.
Some individuals listed as illegal occupants include Manju Rani Maurya, former member of the Population Commission, and Vidyavati Rajbhar, former member of the Women Commission.
Twelve political parties have been allotted government properties for their offices. These include Janata Dal, Bharatiya Janata Party, Bahujan Sanaj Party, Communist Party of India, Lok Dal, Samajwadi Party, Rashtriya Janata Dal and the Nationalist Congress Party, among others.
Of all the political parties, Nationalist Congress Party and All India Democratic Congress party are said to be illegal occupants.
The government houses are also being illegally occupied by several journalists, according to the estate department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack