In UP, 14-year-old girl raped
Kanpur: A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth when she was on her way to a medical store in Bithoor area here, police said on Wednesday.
The minor, a class eighth student, was yesterday beaten up and raped by a youth Jithu Kamal when she had gone to buy some medicines in Kursauli village in the area, they said.
The girl was found near a bush in the village by her brother, who came looking for her after she didn`t reach home on time, they said.
The girl is admitted to a local hospital where she is in a critical condition, they said.
An FIR has been lodged against the accused, who is still absconding, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents