In UP, 14-year-old girl raped
Kanpur: A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth when she was on her way to a medical store in Bithoor area here, police said on Wednesday.
The minor, a class eighth student, was yesterday beaten up and raped by a youth Jithu Kamal when she had gone to buy some medicines in Kursauli village in the area, they said.
The girl was found near a bush in the village by her brother, who came looking for her after she didn`t reach home on time, they said.
The girl is admitted to a local hospital where she is in a critical condition, they said.
An FIR has been lodged against the accused, who is still absconding, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note