Kunda killings: Slain DSP’s wife deposes before CBI
Kunda: The wife of slain DSP Zia-ul-Haq, Parveen Azad, on Sunday deposed before the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Azad later told reporters that she wanted quick decision in her husband`s killing case.
On Saturday, the CBI questioned former Uttar Pradesh minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh’s cousin and member of state legislative council Akshay Pratap Singh in connection with the violence in Balipur village.
CBI sources said Akshay Pratap Singh was questioned in detail about his whereabouts on the day of incident in which village head Nanhe Yadav, his brother Suresh and Haq were allegedly murdered during violence arising over a land dispute on March 02.
The CBI has registered four cases pertaining to three murders in Balipur village on March 02 and booked Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya in one of them on the complaint of Haq`s wife. Raja Bhaiya had to resign from the Akhilesh Yadav government after his name cropped up in the case.
Recently, the agency has recovered a blood-stained wooden rod and ammunition belt with six live cartridges from various places here during its ongoing probe into the murder of Haq and the two others.
The blood-stained ammunition belt was recovered from a box concealed in a house of Suresh Yadav, who was gunned down along with his brother and village pradhan Nanhe, official sources said.
The wooden rod, which too had blood stains on it, was recovered from another area in the village at the instance of local police officials who were being questioned by the CBI in the case, the sources said.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30