Kunda killings: Slain DSP’s wife deposes before CBI
Kunda: The wife of slain DSP Zia-ul-Haq, Parveen Azad, on Sunday deposed before the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Azad later told reporters that she wanted quick decision in her husband`s killing case.
On Saturday, the CBI questioned former Uttar Pradesh minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh’s cousin and member of state legislative council Akshay Pratap Singh in connection with the violence in Balipur village.
CBI sources said Akshay Pratap Singh was questioned in detail about his whereabouts on the day of incident in which village head Nanhe Yadav, his brother Suresh and Haq were allegedly murdered during violence arising over a land dispute on March 02.
The CBI has registered four cases pertaining to three murders in Balipur village on March 02 and booked Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya in one of them on the complaint of Haq`s wife. Raja Bhaiya had to resign from the Akhilesh Yadav government after his name cropped up in the case.
Recently, the agency has recovered a blood-stained wooden rod and ammunition belt with six live cartridges from various places here during its ongoing probe into the murder of Haq and the two others.
The blood-stained ammunition belt was recovered from a box concealed in a house of Suresh Yadav, who was gunned down along with his brother and village pradhan Nanhe, official sources said.
The wooden rod, which too had blood stains on it, was recovered from another area in the village at the instance of local police officials who were being questioned by the CBI in the case, the sources said.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand