Laptop distribution comes to an end in UP
Lucknow: Distributing the last of around 15 million laptops to Class 12-pass students this year in Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav asked them to make the best use of the device to become big in life.
At a programme held on Saturday, Akhilesh distributed laptops to 7,587 students in Kasganj district and said the scheme would give better opportunity to students and will bring a change in their education.
On the SP government`s performance, Akhilesh said his government had "fulfilled most of its election promises, and people`s money is being spent on people", and mentioned schemes being run for the betterment of farmers, the unemployed, girl children and also regarding medical aid.
On the occasion, the Chief Minister also laid the foundation stone of 31 projects to be set up at the cost of Rs 130 crores and inaugurated 11 projects worth Rs 17 crores.
He also launched the handbook of district`s development and announced an ex gratia of Rs 20 lakhs to the widow of BSF jawan Anil Kumar.
Around 15 million students have benefitted from the laptop distribution scheme across the state. The laptops, which operates in Hindi, English and Urdu, were acquired from HP for the world`s largest programme of its kind.
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview
- Sebi to up vigil to check misuse of investor money by brokers
- Three detained for murder of Hindu tailor in Bangladesh
- Electric transport policy on anvil for hilly terrains
- We bet you will find it uber-tough to correct these sentences!