Light rains in east UP, weather mostly dry in remaining parts
Lucknow: Light to moderate rain occurred at isolated places over eastern region of Uttar Pradesh but the weather remained mainly dry in other areas of the state.
Kheri received 3 cms of rainfall, while Bahraich and Sitapur received 2 cms rains each, MeT department said.
Agra recorded the highest maximum temperature at 45.4 degree Celsius.
In the past 24 hours, day temperatures rose appreciably in Agra division, rose in Allahabad division and changed little in the remaining divisions of the state. They were appreciably above normal in Agra division, above normal in Meerut division and normal in the remaining divisions of the state except Gorakhpur, Faizabad and Lucknow, which were cooler.
MeT has forecast rain or thundershowers at isolated places over eastern UP but weather would mainly be dry over the western areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah