Light rains in east UP, weather mostly dry in remaining parts
Lucknow: Light to moderate rain occurred at isolated places over eastern region of Uttar Pradesh but the weather remained mainly dry in other areas of the state.
Kheri received 3 cms of rainfall, while Bahraich and Sitapur received 2 cms rains each, MeT department said.
Agra recorded the highest maximum temperature at 45.4 degree Celsius.
In the past 24 hours, day temperatures rose appreciably in Agra division, rose in Allahabad division and changed little in the remaining divisions of the state. They were appreciably above normal in Agra division, above normal in Meerut division and normal in the remaining divisions of the state except Gorakhpur, Faizabad and Lucknow, which were cooler.
MeT has forecast rain or thundershowers at isolated places over eastern UP but weather would mainly be dry over the western areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!