Light rains in east UP, weather mostly dry in remaining parts
Lucknow: Light to moderate rain occurred at isolated places over eastern region of Uttar Pradesh but the weather remained mainly dry in other areas of the state.
Kheri received 3 cms of rainfall, while Bahraich and Sitapur received 2 cms rains each, MeT department said.
Agra recorded the highest maximum temperature at 45.4 degree Celsius.
In the past 24 hours, day temperatures rose appreciably in Agra division, rose in Allahabad division and changed little in the remaining divisions of the state. They were appreciably above normal in Agra division, above normal in Meerut division and normal in the remaining divisions of the state except Gorakhpur, Faizabad and Lucknow, which were cooler.
MeT has forecast rain or thundershowers at isolated places over eastern UP but weather would mainly be dry over the western areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!