Maintenance work of Ganga canal to affect water supply
Muzaffarnagar: Water supply to Delhi, Noida and Ghaziabad will be affected from October 15 due to maintenance work being carried out in the Ganga canal.
"The canal will be closed from October 15 for twenty days for maintenance work affecting about 30 to 40 per cent of water supply," Executive engineer of UP irrigation department Sudarshan Lal said.
The department has informed Delhi Jal Board about it, he said.
Water supply to 19 districts of Uttar Pradesh including Muzaffarnagar, Meerut, Bulandshahr, Aligarh, Etah, Hathras and Firozabad will also be affected, he added.
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires