Maintenance work of Ganga canal to affect water supply
Muzaffarnagar: Water supply to Delhi, Noida and Ghaziabad will be affected from October 15 due to maintenance work being carried out in the Ganga canal.
"The canal will be closed from October 15 for twenty days for maintenance work affecting about 30 to 40 per cent of water supply," Executive engineer of UP irrigation department Sudarshan Lal said.
The department has informed Delhi Jal Board about it, he said.
Water supply to 19 districts of Uttar Pradesh including Muzaffarnagar, Meerut, Bulandshahr, Aligarh, Etah, Hathras and Firozabad will also be affected, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi