Maintenance work of Ganga canal to affect water supply
Muzaffarnagar: Water supply to Delhi, Noida and Ghaziabad will be affected from October 15 due to maintenance work being carried out in the Ganga canal.
"The canal will be closed from October 15 for twenty days for maintenance work affecting about 30 to 40 per cent of water supply," Executive engineer of UP irrigation department Sudarshan Lal said.
The department has informed Delhi Jal Board about it, he said.
Water supply to 19 districts of Uttar Pradesh including Muzaffarnagar, Meerut, Bulandshahr, Aligarh, Etah, Hathras and Firozabad will also be affected, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video