Maintenance work of Ganga canal to affect water supply
Muzaffarnagar: Water supply to Delhi, Noida and Ghaziabad will be affected from October 15 due to maintenance work being carried out in the Ganga canal.
"The canal will be closed from October 15 for twenty days for maintenance work affecting about 30 to 40 per cent of water supply," Executive engineer of UP irrigation department Sudarshan Lal said.
The department has informed Delhi Jal Board about it, he said.
Water supply to 19 districts of Uttar Pradesh including Muzaffarnagar, Meerut, Bulandshahr, Aligarh, Etah, Hathras and Firozabad will also be affected, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP