Maintenance work of Ganga canal to affect water supply
Muzaffarnagar: Water supply to Delhi, Noida and Ghaziabad will be affected from October 15 due to maintenance work being carried out in the Ganga canal.
"The canal will be closed from October 15 for twenty days for maintenance work affecting about 30 to 40 per cent of water supply," Executive engineer of UP irrigation department Sudarshan Lal said.
The department has informed Delhi Jal Board about it, he said.
Water supply to 19 districts of Uttar Pradesh including Muzaffarnagar, Meerut, Bulandshahr, Aligarh, Etah, Hathras and Firozabad will also be affected, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why