Man kills 23-year-old daughter in Meerut, arrested
Meerut: A 23-year-old B.Com student was allegedly killed by her engineer father in the city.
The body of the girl, Mala, a final year student in a city college, was found in the bathroom of her residence in Shastri Nagar area yesterday, police said.
The victim`s mother lodged a police complaint alleging that her husband Bhim Singh, who is an engineer in Ahmedabad and had come home on leave, killed the girl as he was upset about not having a son. The couple has one more daughter who is married.
However, the accused father, who has been taken into custody, denied the allegations.
Meanwhile, police have also taken into custody a friend of the victim for questioning.
According to police, prima facie evidence suggested the death occurred due to forcible drowning in a tub of water.
The police have sent the body for postmortem and are investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'