Man kills daughter, honour killing suspected
Moradabad (UP): In a suspected case of honour killing, a 22-year-old girl was allegedly beaten to death by her father and five other family members in the Kuri Rawana village in the district, a top police official said on Tuesday.
Anjum, who was into a relationship with Sanjeev(24) of the same village, on last Saturday had gone to his residence where her family members landed up to forcibly carry her away from the boy`s house, Moradabad SSP Vijay Singh Meena said.
Later, they locked the girl up inside a room in their house and subjected her to violent beatings, leading to her death on the spot, he said.
Shortly, after the incident came to light, the boy also allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison, they said.
A case of murder has been registered against Shauqat, his brothers Arif, Asif and Riyasat and two others Liyaqat and Riyaz in this regard, Meena said.
Further probes are on into the case, the SSP added.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Supreme Court ban on 2000 cc diesel cars stays
- Hotness alert! Ranveer Singh's macho avatar will make you go weak in the knees
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work