Man kills daughter, honour killing suspected
Moradabad (UP): In a suspected case of honour killing, a 22-year-old girl was allegedly beaten to death by her father and five other family members in the Kuri Rawana village in the district, a top police official said on Tuesday.
Anjum, who was into a relationship with Sanjeev(24) of the same village, on last Saturday had gone to his residence where her family members landed up to forcibly carry her away from the boy`s house, Moradabad SSP Vijay Singh Meena said.
Later, they locked the girl up inside a room in their house and subjected her to violent beatings, leading to her death on the spot, he said.
Shortly, after the incident came to light, the boy also allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison, they said.
A case of murder has been registered against Shauqat, his brothers Arif, Asif and Riyasat and two others Liyaqat and Riyaz in this regard, Meena said.
Further probes are on into the case, the SSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble