Man kills daughter, honour killing suspected
Moradabad (UP): In a suspected case of honour killing, a 22-year-old girl was allegedly beaten to death by her father and five other family members in the Kuri Rawana village in the district, a top police official said on Tuesday.
Anjum, who was into a relationship with Sanjeev(24) of the same village, on last Saturday had gone to his residence where her family members landed up to forcibly carry her away from the boy`s house, Moradabad SSP Vijay Singh Meena said.
Later, they locked the girl up inside a room in their house and subjected her to violent beatings, leading to her death on the spot, he said.
Shortly, after the incident came to light, the boy also allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison, they said.
A case of murder has been registered against Shauqat, his brothers Arif, Asif and Riyasat and two others Liyaqat and Riyaz in this regard, Meena said.
Further probes are on into the case, the SSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured