Man kills daughter, honour killing suspected
Moradabad (UP): In a suspected case of honour killing, a 22-year-old girl was allegedly beaten to death by her father and five other family members in the Kuri Rawana village in the district, a top police official said on Tuesday.
Anjum, who was into a relationship with Sanjeev(24) of the same village, on last Saturday had gone to his residence where her family members landed up to forcibly carry her away from the boy`s house, Moradabad SSP Vijay Singh Meena said.
Later, they locked the girl up inside a room in their house and subjected her to violent beatings, leading to her death on the spot, he said.
Shortly, after the incident came to light, the boy also allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison, they said.
A case of murder has been registered against Shauqat, his brothers Arif, Asif and Riyasat and two others Liyaqat and Riyaz in this regard, Meena said.
Further probes are on into the case, the SSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?