Man kills self over marital discord
Kanpur: Frustrated over repeated fights with his wife, a 40-year-old man allegedly committed suicide by jumping in front of a train, police said on Saturday.
According to family members, Sevalal, resident of Govind Nagar, used to have frequent fights with his wife, they said.
The incident occurred yesterday when after a fight with his wife, Sevalal went to Dadar railway crossing and jumped in front of a train there, a police spokesperson said, adding that he died on the spot.
The body has been sent for postmortem, he said, adding that investigations are going on in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption