Man kills self over marital discord
Kanpur: Frustrated over repeated fights with his wife, a 40-year-old man allegedly committed suicide by jumping in front of a train, police said on Saturday.
According to family members, Sevalal, resident of Govind Nagar, used to have frequent fights with his wife, they said.
The incident occurred yesterday when after a fight with his wife, Sevalal went to Dadar railway crossing and jumped in front of a train there, a police spokesperson said, adding that he died on the spot.
The body has been sent for postmortem, he said, adding that investigations are going on in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened