Man kills self over marital discord
Kanpur: Frustrated over repeated fights with his wife, a 40-year-old man allegedly committed suicide by jumping in front of a train, police said on Saturday.
According to family members, Sevalal, resident of Govind Nagar, used to have frequent fights with his wife, they said.
The incident occurred yesterday when after a fight with his wife, Sevalal went to Dadar railway crossing and jumped in front of a train there, a police spokesperson said, adding that he died on the spot.
The body has been sent for postmortem, he said, adding that investigations are going on in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Damn funny! This is how every rich girl in the world is like—Watch video
- West Indies vs India: We need to work hard to make series even, says Phil Simmons
- Lindsay told me she's pregnant: Father
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump for 'selling fear'; endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency
- India vs West Indies, 2nd Test: Virat Kohli and co get into Jamaican groove with heavy work-out