Married man commits suicide in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A 28-year-old married man allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling at his house in Almaspur area of the district, police said on Monday.
According to the police, a note was recovered from the victim, Lokesh`s possession yesterday in which he alleged that he was harassed by his wife, Seema.
A case has been registered against Seema and her two brothers-- Mahesh and Sandeep, a police constable, for abatement of suicide, they added.
In a separate incident, an 18-year-old girl, Tanya committed suicide by jumping before a train here today.
The victim`s family was opposed to her relationship with a man, which the police suspects could be a reason behind the incident.
Further investigations are on into the issues, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH