Married man commits suicide in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A 28-year-old married man allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling at his house in Almaspur area of the district, police said on Monday.
According to the police, a note was recovered from the victim, Lokesh`s possession yesterday in which he alleged that he was harassed by his wife, Seema.
A case has been registered against Seema and her two brothers-- Mahesh and Sandeep, a police constable, for abatement of suicide, they added.
In a separate incident, an 18-year-old girl, Tanya committed suicide by jumping before a train here today.
The victim`s family was opposed to her relationship with a man, which the police suspects could be a reason behind the incident.
Further investigations are on into the issues, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation