Mauni Amavasya: Two killed in stampede at Kumbh
Allahabad: Two persons were killed in a stampede at the Mahakumbh mela here today as three crore pilgrims converged for a holy dip at Sangam on the auspicious occasion of `Mauni Amavasya`.
The stampede broke out in Sector 12 of the mela area killing a woman hailing from Varanasi and a middle-aged man, who had come for a holy dip from West Bengal.
Sector Magistrate Abhay Raj said a few other persons received minor injuries in the stampede which had occurred this evening during rush among devotees who were returning from the river banks.
"The situation is under control and the injured are undergoing treatment," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!