Maya accuses SP govt of indulging in political vendetta
New Delhi: Hitting out at the Samajwadi Party government over alleged "anti-Dalit" activities, BSP chief Mayawati on Saturday said it was ordering probes into the works done during her tenure in Uttar Pradesh due to "political vendetta".
The former UP Chief Minister also made it clear she herself takes the policy decisions in her party and not her close advisors or officers as being publicised outside.
Mayawati said that PL Punia, the former chief secretary to her when she was CM, after leaving BSP and joining Congress had spread rumours that it was he who used to discharge all responsibilities when she was CM thrice from 1995 to 2002.
She noted that her opponents had created a similar opinion about her cabinet secretary Shashank Shekhar Singh during her fourth stint as CM.
"Now I am having apprehensions that after I have become a member of Rajya Sabha, my opponents may start spreading misinformation that it is actually the Leaders of both the Houses Satish Chandra Mishra in Rajya Sabha and Dara Singh Chauhan in Lok Sabha, who prepare for whatever I speak in the House," she said.
Mayawati added that in reality it is she, who mostly prepares the key points for her party leaders to speak in Parliament or at press conferences.
Insisting that her rise in the BSP is from the grassroots and she is in the command of party decisions, she said, "Unlike in some other parties, I have not been imposed as party`s national leader or President on the basis of any inheritance or lineage. I have been always connected with the ground and the party movement."
On the Samajwadi Party rule in Uttar Pradesh, Mayawati claimed that people are now repenting bringing this government in power and blamed the "wrong" political stand of Congress and BJP for ensuring Samajwadi Party`s win in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands