Minor Dalit girl raped in Rampur
Rampur: A minor Dalit girl was allegedly raped by a married man at gun-point in Rampur district, the eighth rape incident here this month.
The 16-year-old victim had gone to relieve herself in a field in Shahbad Tehsil on Monday night, when the accused allegedly caught hold of her and raped her at gun-point, police said today.
The accused, Om Singh Yadav (22), who was known to the victim was arrested yesterday, they said.
Authorities have announced a compensation of Rs 60,000 under the SC/ST Act for the victim, Rampur collector CP Tripathi said.
According to police records, eight rape incidents have been reported in Rampur this month, while 25 sexual assault cases were lodged in the district in the past six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi