Minor Dalit girl raped in Rampur
Rampur: A minor Dalit girl was allegedly raped by a married man at gun-point in Rampur district, the eighth rape incident here this month.
The 16-year-old victim had gone to relieve herself in a field in Shahbad Tehsil on Monday night, when the accused allegedly caught hold of her and raped her at gun-point, police said today.
The accused, Om Singh Yadav (22), who was known to the victim was arrested yesterday, they said.
Authorities have announced a compensation of Rs 60,000 under the SC/ST Act for the victim, Rampur collector CP Tripathi said.
According to police records, eight rape incidents have been reported in Rampur this month, while 25 sexual assault cases were lodged in the district in the past six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’