Minor girl burnt alive by neighbour for resisting rape bid
Muzaffarnagar (UP): A 16-year-old girl was burnt alive allegedly by her neighbour after she resisted his attempt to rape her at Kairana Town in Shamli district.
After setting the girl afire, the 22-year-old accused, Surender Kashyap, also attempted suicide by consuming poison.
Surender last evening went to the girl`s house when she was alone and allegedly tried to rape her, Deputy Superintendent of Police CP Singh said.
When the girl resisted, he doused her with kerosene and set her ablaze, the DSP said.
She was rushed to a local hospital with 80 per cent burns, but died during treatment, Singh said.
The youth who had consumed poison after the incident has also been admitted in hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'