Muzaffarnagar gangrape: NHRC seeks report
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Thursday sought a report from the Uttar Pradesh government over the alleged gangrape of a woman at a relief camp in riot-hit Muzaffarnagar district of the state.
"The commission has issued notices to the state chief secretary, the district magistrate and the senior superintendent of police of Muzaffarnagar, calling for report in the matter," a statement from NHRC said.
"The complainant has alleged that the incident happened due to administrative negligence and requested the commission`s intervention," the statement said.
A woman living in a relief camp was allegedly raped by two youths in Muzaffarnagar Nov 2. Both the young men have since been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days