Muzaffarnagar gangrape: NHRC seeks report
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Thursday sought a report from the Uttar Pradesh government over the alleged gangrape of a woman at a relief camp in riot-hit Muzaffarnagar district of the state.
"The commission has issued notices to the state chief secretary, the district magistrate and the senior superintendent of police of Muzaffarnagar, calling for report in the matter," a statement from NHRC said.
"The complainant has alleged that the incident happened due to administrative negligence and requested the commission`s intervention," the statement said.
A woman living in a relief camp was allegedly raped by two youths in Muzaffarnagar Nov 2. Both the young men have since been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?