Muzaffarnagar gangrape: NHRC seeks report
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Thursday sought a report from the Uttar Pradesh government over the alleged gangrape of a woman at a relief camp in riot-hit Muzaffarnagar district of the state.
"The commission has issued notices to the state chief secretary, the district magistrate and the senior superintendent of police of Muzaffarnagar, calling for report in the matter," a statement from NHRC said.
"The complainant has alleged that the incident happened due to administrative negligence and requested the commission`s intervention," the statement said.
A woman living in a relief camp was allegedly raped by two youths in Muzaffarnagar Nov 2. Both the young men have since been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'