Muzaffarnagar riot victim gang-raped, two arrested
Zee Media Bureau
Muzaffarnagar: Two suspects were arrested for the alleged gang-rape of a 20-year-old riot victim at a relief camp in Jogya Kheri village in the Fugana area of Muzaffarnagar district, reports said.
Tension has prevailed in the area after the victim was raped on Sunday by the two accused — identified as Sachin and Sunil Kumar.
The victim’s family, displaced by the riots, was living at a relief camp in Jogya Kheri, police said.
The alleged rapists were thrashed and handed over to the police who, acting on the complaint lodged in the matter by the victim`s father, arrested them.
She was sent for a medical examination, which has confirmed rape, police added.
The duo waylaid the victim when she had stepped out of the camp and raped her.
They threatened her of dire consequences if she mentioned the incident to anybody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire