Narrow escape for children as school van catches fire
Bijnor: At least fifteen children from a local school here had a narrow escape when a van carrying them caught fire on Dhampur Marg of the district, police said on Saturday.
According to the police, the van of St Mary`s School was going to drop students yesterday when it caught fire. The driver stopped the vehicle once he noticed flames emitting out of the van.
Noticing the fire, passengers of a bus which was travelling behind the vehicle rescued the kids unhurt from the inferno, before the fire brigade reached the spot, police said.
The driver is still absconding and no arrests have been made so far, while investigations are on, they added.
Regional Transport Authorities have also been informed about the incident and they have ordered a drive to check the safety features in all other school vehicles plying in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report